Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cycling

Today I decided to use my bicycle to do exercise so I took out my bike, my helmet and my water bottle.

I did a little research and by doing 1 hour of cycling you actually can burn around 400-500 calories.

I live in the country so there isn’t any bike trails but I decided to go along a road that is less traveled by car so it would be safer. I hadn’t used my bike for a while and I had forgotten how fun it was.

You get to see everything around you and you get to enjoy nature. You can feel the power within you pushing forward to go always faster. My goal is to loose weight so I didn’t go for a slow ride but rather I pushed myself to work harder so I would burn even more calories.

I was surprised to see how cycling can really work you hard. I think I might consider starting to cycle once a week I really enjoyed it.

Plus I read that cycling has many benefits like it promotes a healthy heart and it lowers blood pressure.

Tomorrow I will do 1 hour of rollerblade.

No comments:

Post a Comment