Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Swimming

This morning I tried swimming. I have an above group pool attached to my house but I have always used it for relaxation and refreshment never for exercising.

It turns out that there is a lot of exercise you can do in the pool and they are all low impact. I think that exercise in the pool could be great for someone who has hurting joints. It doesn't put as much strain on the joints as other exercices.

I started by doing laps around the pool. I did about 20 laps whitout even touching the ground. I was really feeling the work out. Then I did jumping jacks in the pool. that is kind of tricky.

I also tried an excercies for toning arms by pushing a ball under the water. The water was resisting the ball making it a harder workout.

Then I did the star position to float on the water. I stayed like that for about 10 minutes always fighting the water to stay afloat.

I did a few more exercise and then redid 20 laps. Swimming was a great workout. I think I will incorporate swimming into my daily routines when ever the weather permits it.

No comments:

Post a Comment